As we all know, it’s been pretty darn cold this winter! I can’t say as much though, as some of you others can, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we’ve had some mild weather for the most part, although we are going through a cold snap right now, even seeing a few snowflakes today. Needless to say, cold brings chapped lips. I hopped online to try and find a recipe to make my own lip balm here at home, just for fun, and found this little goodie. Not too hard, and limited ingredients! Hubby and I are going to make some this afternoon. Give it a shot!
Lemon Lip Balm Tools
- double boiler or sauce pan and glass bowl
- eye dropper for essential oil
- wooden spoon
- grater that you don’t mind using only for beeswax
- small tins
Lemon Lip Balm Ingredients
- 3 tsp grated organic beeswax
- 5 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dried lavender (optional)
- 1/4 tsp MAC pigment powder (optional)
- Grate the beeswax. Use a grater that you will only use for wax because it will be stuck there forever.
- Melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and olive oil together in the top of a double boiler. I just used a glass bowl set inside of a large saucepan and it worked perfectly. The wax melted within a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in essential oil and any extra bits you want to add. I tried one batch with lavender and honey and one batch with pigment powder. I mixed my own shade of pink lip balm by experimenting with different shades of MAC pigment powders. If you add honey, stir thoroughly to combine properly.
- Pour the hot gooey wax into containers and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
(“Recipe” from LeLe Adams)(Photos Courtesy Amazon.com and Google)