We all love those classics like chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and brownies, right? Yep. Don’t deny it, you do. 😉 I won’t deny it, because chocolate is delicious! This combines cookies and brownies all into one delectable little cookie. The kids will love it, the husband will love it, the neighbors will love it, the coworkers will love it…heck, even the dog will love it. But please, don’t give it to the dog. Cocoa can be deadly to dogs. Stick to sugar cookies for the family pooch if you’re going to share. Anyway, back on track.
Did I mention chocolate? And brownies? And cookies? All rolled into one? Yes I certainly did. Revel in that for a moment here. A cookie that’s a brownie. A brownie that’s a cookie. Exactly. No matter how you look at it, it tastes fantastic. It’s also a very simple recipe to piece together too. Just think of how you’d go about making classic chocolate chips, and basically that’s what you do for this recipe with a few differences. Takes an hour or so. 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to rest until cool for 10 – 15 minutes. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, whip together the light-brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula stir in melted chocolate mixture. Working in 3 separate batches, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and fold just until combined. Chill dough about 45 minutes. Preheating oven to 325 degrees during the last 10 minutes of chilling. Scoop a tablespoon of the dough out and shape into balls. Place onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 12 – 13 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Quick thanks to one of my favorite blog hosts, MidgetMomma, for this one. 🙂 She has fantastic recipes, and the best part, she also shares stuff about FREE stuff, and coupons, and much much more. Frugal living at it’s finest! Check out my blog-shares section on the right of this post for the button that takes you to her site!